Sushi Chef Agency collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. In particular, Sushi Chef Agency has collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last 12 months:
Identifiers, A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers that You decide to provide to our customer or us.
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). A name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Commercial information. Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, in the Sushi Chef Agency website.
- Professional or employment-related information. Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
The Sushi Chef Agency has not collected any of the following information:
Biometric information. Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
- Sensory data. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)). Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information. Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Sushi Chef Agency obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
Directly from our clients or their agents. For example, from information that You provide our customers Indirectly from our clients or their agents. For example, through information Sushi Chef Agency collects from our customers in the course of providing services to them.
Directly and indirectly from activity on Sushi Chef Agency’s website (www.sushichef.agency). For example, from submissions through our Sushi Chef Agency website portal or Sushi Chef Agency website usage details collected automatically.
- Directly from You if you provide Your personal information to us.
Use of Personal Information
Sushi Chef Agency may use or disclose the personal information Sushi Chef Agency collects for one or more of the following business purposes:
To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if You provide Sushi Chef Agency with personal information in order for Sushi Chef Agency to allow You to apply for jobs with restaurants, Sushi Chef Agency will use that information to submit it to our registered restaurants.
- To provide You with information, products or services that You request from Sushi Chef Agency.
- To provide You with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to You.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between You and Sushi Chef Agency.
- To improve Sushi Chef Agency’ website and present its contents to You.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Sushi Chef Agency technology or our customers or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to You when collecting Your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Sushi Chef Agency is among the assets transferred.
Sushi Chef Agency will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information Sushi Chef Agency collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing You notice.
Sharing Personal Information
Sushi Chef Agency may disclose Your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When Sushi Chef Agency discloses personal information for a business purpose, Sushi Chef Agency enters a contract that describes the
purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding 12 months, Sushi Chef Agency has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information.
Sushi Chef Agency discloses Your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Service providers.
- Partners and sponsors.
- Third parties to whom You or Your agents authorize Sushi Chef Agency to disclose Your personal information in connection with products or services Sushi Chef Agency provide to You.
In the preceding 12 months, Sushi Chef Agency has not sold any personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes Your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Sushi Chef Agency disclose certain information to You about our collection and use of Your personal information over the past 12 months. Once Sushi Chef Agency receives and confirms Your verifiable consumer request, Sushi Chef Agency will disclose to You:
- The categories of personal information Sushi Chef Agency collected about You.
- The categories of sources for the personal information Sushi Chef Agency collected about You.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom Sushi Chef Agency shares that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information Sushi Chef Agency collected about You (also called a data portability request).
- If Sushi Chef Agency sold or disclosed Your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Sushi Chef Agency delete any of Your personal information that Sushi Chef Agency collected from You and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once Sushi Chef Agency receives and confirms Your verifiable consumer request, Sushi Chef Agency will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) Your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Sushi Chef Agency may deny Your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for Sushi Chef Agency or our service providers to:
Complete the transaction for which Sushi Chef Agency collected the personal information, provide a good or service that You requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with You, or otherwise perform our contract with You.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise their free speech rights, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if You previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on Your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which You provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to Sushi Chef Agency by either:
- Calling Sushi Chef Agency at (310)782-8483.
- Visiting the website SushiChef.Agency
- Go the Chef/Restaurant Portal: You can see all of Your profile and applications You’ve made
- You can modify Your profile by going to the “Chef / Restaurant Profile” section
- You can delete your account by selecting “Delete Profile”
Please note that all your applications and submissions will be deleted as well. In some cases, the restaurants you have applied to may decide to keep Your application data in compliance with their own legal obligations. To find more about these obligations, Sushi Chef Agency encourage You to contact them directly. Contact information should be found in each company’s profiles and websites.
Only You or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that You authorize to act on Your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to Your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of Your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows Sushi Chef Agency to reasonably verify You are the person about whom Sushi Chef Agency collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe Your request with sufficient detail that allows Sushi Chef Agency to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Sushi Chef Agency cannot respond to Your request or provide You with personal information if Sushi Chef Agency cannot verify Your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to You. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require You to create an account with us. Sushi Chef Agency will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
Sushi Chef Agency endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If Sushi Chef Agency requires more time (up to 90 days), Sushi Chef Agency will inform You of the reason and extension period in writing. If You have an account with us, Sushi Chef Agency will deliver our written response to that account. If You do not have an account with us, Sushi Chef Agency will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at Your option. Any disclosures Sushi Chef Agency provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response Sushi Chef Agency provides will also explain the reasons Sushi Chef Agency cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, Sushi Chef Agency will select a format to provide Your personal information that is readily useable and should allow You to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
Sushi Chef Agency does not charge a fee to process or respond to Your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If Sushi Chef Agency determines that the request warrants a fee, Sushi Chef Agency will tell You why Sushi Chef Agency made that decision and provide You with a cost estimate before completing Your request.