You may revoke your consent to this policy or exercise your privacy rights. To do so, please contact us. If you revoke your consent, your account and profile information will be removed from our website.
Information collected on our sites and applications is stored in the United States; therefore, your information may become subject to U.S. law.
We collect information about you when you use our sites and applications. We receive and store this information when you enter it on our websites, send it to us, or provide it to us in any other way.
We collect information when you choose to give it to us. This includes:
- contact information like name, email address, street address, and phone number;
- your resume including job experience;
- the information you use to create a profile and to apply to jobs on Sushi Chef Agency or Sushi Chef Institute;
- information imported by you from third party applications;
- information you provide to us when you contact Sushi Chef Agency or Sushi Chef Institute;
- credit card number and billing information (for services requiring payment);
- your race, ethnicity, or gender, if you choose to provide it. Some employers are required by law to collect this information on a voluntary basis; or
- information about your business, such as company name, size, and business type.
You can correct or remove this information by accessing your account settings. We also collect information from you in the following ways:
Single Sign-on: If you choose to sign in to Sushi Chef Agency with Facebook or similar services, we import the requested information from your account and we make it part of your profile.
Referrals: We may collect from you personal information about others. For instance, if you choose to use our service to share site content with a friend, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. We temporarily store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
We gather certain information automatically when you visit our sites or use our mobile applications. This information includes:
- your activity on Sushi Chef Agency, including the jobs you search for, view, and apply to
- your internet protocol (IP) address and internet service provider (ISP)
- your browser type and device ID
- the files viewed on our sites (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.)
- operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data
This data is collected about you automatically and is processed for Sushi Chef Agency’s legitimate interest. We combine this information with personal data to help detect and prevent fraud. We also combine this data with your profile and resume data to return the best job search results to you.
We use the information we collect to provide our services, respond to you, operate and improve our sites and applications, and foster a positive user experience.
We use information with your consent as described at the time we collect that consent. This includes account creation and resume upload.
We use personal data for our legitimate interests, namely:
- to operate Sushi Chef Agency services;
- to contact and communicate with you when you contact us;
- to analyze, improve and optimize Sushi Chef Agency services; and
- to protect Sushi Chef Agency Services and the rights of users and others
- to enforce terms of Sushi Chef Agency’s services and prevent fraud and abuse of Sushi Chef Agency systems
By registering with Sushi Chef Agency, by managing your profile, by publicly posting information, or by opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information in the following ways:
To provide you with our services, which includes
- to create a Sushi Chef Agency account for you, including any resume you create or upload;
- to enable you to search for jobs and share them with others;
- to enable you to apply for jobs;
- if you are in the US, to add information gathered from public websites to your profile;
- to help potential employers find your resume and contact you;
- to make purchases;
- to enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you;
- to display targeted recruitment messages from employers;
- to contact you with service-related communications and security updates
- to provide information about you and your interest in job postings to employers;
- to provide products and services to employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process;
- to provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties;
- to send you job alerts, newsletters, career advice, or other marketing communications you have opted in to receive;
- to inform you of other products or services available from Sushi Chef Agency or its affiliates and sponsors;
- to conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
To improve our services
- to give search engines access to public information;
- to conduct analytics and generate internal reports about the use of our sites and applications;
- to track which jobs you search for, view, and apply to;
For security and fraud prevention
- to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
- to make suggestions and draw inferences about you. For example, we may make suggestions about people you may know or additional jobs, products or services that might be of interest to you. Or, if you identify yourself as “Mrs.” we will assume you are female.
Some of our products and services, such as our resume and profile database and social media search, enable third parties to see your personal information and to contact you.
Information you post in public areas of Sushi Chef Agency sites or applications or make visible in the resume and profile database may be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence. While Sushi Chef Agency takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use, Sushi Chef Agency does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you give to us. Accordingly, you should not post sensitive information or any other information you would not want made public, to any Sushi Chef Agency site or application or to a public website.
We provide you with a platform to broadcast information about yourself to maximize your career opportunities. The information we gather may be shared with the following categories of third parties:
- the Sushi Chef Agency group of companies on a worldwide basis;
- employers, when you make your resume searchable or apply to a job;
- other companies hired to provide services on Sushi Chef Agency’s behalf;
- other third parties where required by law;
- other third parties when you give your consent to such sharing such as for resume writing services;
By applying to a job, providing your contact information to show interest in a job, or by replying to a message from an employer, you consent to the disclosure of your information to that employer and to be contacted by such employer for employment related purposes.
We do not share contact information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure. We also share information in the following ways
- We share your information with our service providers, which are third parties who help deliver our products and services to you. Examples of these services include hosting our web servers and site databases, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer management tools, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose. We will remain responsible for any information shared in this way.
We disclose information to third parties when you give your consent for us to do so. For example:
(a) if you make your resume searchable or if we collect information you’ve made available on a public website then all parties with access to our resume or profile database products will have access to your information; or
(b) if you opt in to receive information about the products or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to those third parties so they may contact you.
We also share aggregated information (including location data) about visitors to Sushi Chef Agency sites and application users with third parties to serve advertisements to you online. We also aggregate data regarding job qualifications, schooling, age, experience level or other information relevant to the job search. This aggregated data does not identify users individually, and may be made available to employers or shared publicly. If we create a co-branded site with another company, information collected on that site will be retained by both companies and subject to the privacy policies of both companies which will be published on the co-branded sites.
- We may disclose to third parties information that we have collected from other websites.
We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith – after considering your privacy interests and other factors – that such
action is necessary to:
(a) meet legal requirements or comply with legal process;
(b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies;
(c) investigate fraud, prevent a crime or protect national security; or
(d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
- We may disclose and transfer personal information to a third party who acquires any or all of Sushi Chef Agency’s business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event Sushi Chef Agency becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, such information will be disposed of in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the site.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Essential: we use these cookies to operate essential features of our website, including securing your access to your account. Without these cookies, the website cannot function properly.
- Analytics: we track traffic patterns so we can identify popular content and potential problems.
- Functional: we use these cookies to enable non-essential features on our website, such as testing new features, storing your preferences, displaying job search results, and tracking which jobs you search for, view and apply to so we can show you more jobs like those.
- Advertising: we use these cookies to show you advertising on Sushi Chef Agency and third-party websites.
Some cookies will remain on your computer after you have left our site. Some cookies can remain for a few months or a year or more. Security cookies can remain for 60 days after your last visit. Poll response cookies can remain for 90 days, and Sushi Chef Agency cookies relating to advertisements and site notices can remain for up to two years, unless you choose to delete them.
We also allow other companies to display advertisements to you while you are using our sites and applications. When this happens, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. The cookies placed by these third parties could remain on your computer after you have left our site for up to 20 years unless you choose to delete them.
Sushi Chef Agency also uses “Flash cookies”, also known as “Local Shared Objects”, to preserve video player settings and for security purposes. You can adjust your settings for your Flash cookies.
Advertising Opt Out: You can opt out of third party cookies by setting your browser to decline cookies. Sushi Chef Agency’s websites do not respond to web browser do not track signals. You can also opt out of targeted advertising from networks that Sushi Chef Agency works with, or if located in the European Union, from ad networks participating in the NAI, and from Google.
If you delete your cookies, your opt-out cookie will also be deleted. If you change computers or web browsers, you will need to opt out again.
When you create or post a resume, we store it in our resume and profile databases in the United States. You cannot control the status of your resume on Sushi Chef Agency; it is always visible for other registered users with paid subscriptions. resumes can be viewed by anyone with access to our resume and profile database. We cannot control the retention, use or privacy of resumes that have been viewed or downloaded by others.
Private resumes will not be visible in Sushi Chef Agency’s resume and profile database, but information we acquire about you from a public website may be visible. You may still use your private resume to apply online to a job. If you apply with a private resume, it will be transferred to the relevant employer, who may retain a copy of it.
We attempt to limit access to our resume and profile databases to legitimate users, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to these databases. Once your resume has been disclosed, Sushi Chef Agency is not able to retrieve it from the third parties who accessed it. Accordingly, you should not put sensitive information, personality profiles, or other information you would not want made public, in your resume or profile.
If your resume includes personal data of a reference, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person is aware that you have forwarded his/her details and has consented in writing for you to do so.
Resumes you give to us must not contain sensitive data relating to your (i) racial or ethnic origin (ii) political beliefs (iii) philosophical or religious beliefs (iv) membership of a trade union or political party (v) physical or mental health or biometric details or genetic makeup (vi) addictions or sexual life (vii) the commission of criminal offences or proceedings and associated penalties or fines, (viii) the commission of any unlawful or objectionable conduct and associated penalties, or (ix) any Social Security Number or national identification number. If you do give us this information, then you agree that it is at your own risk.
Access to your Personal Data: You may access, update, or delete your resume or profile at any time. To do so, sign in to your account, go to your resume or profile, and make the desired changes. If you do not have an account, or if you believe that someone else has provided us with your contact information, please contact us. You also have the rights to data portability and to request that Sushi Chef Agency restrict processing data about you.
You have the right to know whether Sushi Chef Agency has collected personal information from you. You may submit up to two access requests within a 12-month period asking Sushi Chef Agency to tell you:
- the categories or specific pieces of personal information that Sushi Chef Agency has collected from you;
- the categories of sources from which Sushi Chef Agency has collected your information;
- the reasons why Sushi Chef Agency collects personal information; and
- the categories of third parties with which Sushi Chef Agency shares personal information.
Sushi Chef Agency does not “sell” your personal information as that term is defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.
You have the right to request that Sushi Chef Agency delete any of your personal information that it has collected from you, with certain exceptions. We may refuse your deletion request if permitted by law. If we deny your deletion request, we will tell you why the request was denied. Additionally, if we determine that no exception to deletion applies, we will direct any of our service providers that have received your personal data to delete your personal information from their records as well.
To make a request, please contact us here: https://www.SushiChef.Agency/contact. Sushi Chef Agency will verify your identity prior to granting an access or deletion request. Access to, or correction, update, or deletion of your personal information may be denied or limited by Sushi Chef Agency if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. Sushi Chef Agency will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights.
When you make a request, we will send you an email to confirm that we received it. We may retain your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, investigate security incidents, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our User Agreement, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We will retain anonymized information after your account has been closed.
We will respond to information access requests within a reasonable timeframe. If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within a reasonable timeframe and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law.
Some Sushi Chef Agency customers store their resume databases on Sushi Chef Agency servers. Sushi Chef Agency is a data processor for personal information received in this way. Requests regarding this information must be made to your potential or current employer. We will cooperate as appropriate with requests from our customers to assist with such responses.
Sushi Chef Agency provides a variety of services to our customers related to hosting private databases (“Hosted Databases”), and the use of certain Sushi Chef Agency applications in connection with such databases. These Hosted Databases are hosted by Sushi Chef Agency, either on Sushi Chef Agency’s own servers or on third party servers (subject to contractual terms), and are not a part of Sushi Chef Agency’s web site(s). Sushi Chef Agency does not own the data that is in the Hosted Databases and submitted to our applications. These Hosted Databases may contain personal information about individuals, including candidates for employment and existing employees of our customers. Such data may include contact details, work history, educational history, work preferences, and other data, depending on the particular customer and application at issue, and, in some instances, may include personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”).
Sushi Chef Agency serves as a data processor for the customers who own these Hosted Databases and utilize our applications on such data, and we therefore conduct our activities strictly in accordance with their instructions and pursuant to our contractual arrangements with them. Sushi Chef Agency’s customers act as data controllers with respect to all such Hosted Databases. The data in such databases, including any such data submitted to our applications, is subject to the customer’s privacy policies. If you are a candidate for employment with one of our customers, or an employee of one of our customers, you should refer to the customer’s website or human resources manager to understand the privacy practices that apply to your data. Moreover, if you would like to access and review your Personal Information, you should contact our customer (your potential or existing employer) with any such requests. We will cooperate as appropriate with requests from our customers to assist with such responses.
Sushi Chef Agency is not responsible for its customers’ privacy policies or practices.
Data Retention: Because managing your career is a life-long process, we retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make repeat use of our sites more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal information as described below. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you are located in the European Union and you do not sign in to your account or interact with our services for more than five years, your account will expire and be scheduled for removal from our site. Expired accounts are deleted on a routine basis. If your account contains a resume, you will receive an email from us before we delete your resume in this manner.
You are responsible for keeping your username and password secret.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We utilize a variety of safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. Sushi Chef Agency takes appropriate measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure.
You should be aware that resumes and profiles may be monitored by your current employer.
When you place an order online at Sushi Chef Agency, your credit card information is encrypted with industry standard encryption.
Sushi Chef Agency is not intended for, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 18.
Your data is submitted to Sushi Chef Agency. and is hosted and stored in databases on servers situated in the United States. Sushi Chef Institute, an institution with its principal place of business at 1123 Van Ness Ave, Torrance, CA, 90501, is the legal entity determining the purposes and means of processing the information gathered on Sushi Chef Agency sites and applications and is the data controller of all data Sushi Chef Agency collects from you. Sushi Chef Institute is also a data controller of personal data collected on its sites.
Sushi Chef Institute
1123 Van Ness Ave
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not address satisfactorily, please contact us again by email or phone.
Users in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority for data protection in their country.
Sushi Chef Agency collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. In particular, Sushi Chef Agency has collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last 12 months:
- Identifiers, A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers that You decide to provide to our customer or us.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). A name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Commercial information. Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, in the Sushi Chef Agency website.
- Professional or employment-related information. Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
The Sushi Chef Agency has not collected any of the following information:
- Biometric information. Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
- Sensory data. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)). Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information. Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Sushi Chef Agency obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from our clients or their agents. For example, from information that You provide our customers Indirectly from our clients or their agents. For example, through information Sushi Chef Agency collects from our customers in the course of providing services to them.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on Sushi Chef Agency’s website (www.sushichef.agency). For example, from submissions through our Sushi Chef Agency website portal or Sushi Chef Agency website usage details collected automatically.
- Directly from You if you provide Your personal information to us.
Use of Personal Information
Sushi Chef Agency may use or disclose the personal information Sushi Chef Agency collects for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if You provide Sushi Chef Agency with personal information in order for Sushi Chef Agency to allow You to apply for jobs with restaurants, Sushi Chef Agency will use that information to submit it to our registered restaurants.
- To provide You with information, products or services that You request from Sushi Chef Agency.
- To provide You with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to You.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between You and Sushi Chef Agency.
- To improve Sushi Chef Agency’ website and present its contents to You.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Sushi Chef Agency technology or our customers or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to You when collecting Your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Sushi Chef Agency is among the assets transferred.
Sushi Chef Agency will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information Sushi Chef Agency collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing You notice.
Sharing Personal Information
Sushi Chef Agency may disclose Your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When Sushi Chef Agency discloses personal information for a business purpose, Sushi Chef Agency enters a contract that describes the
purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding 12 months, Sushi Chef Agency has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information.
Sushi Chef Agency discloses Your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Service providers.
- Partners and sponsors.
- Third parties to whom You or Your agents authorize Sushi Chef Agency to disclose Your personal information in connection with products or services Sushi Chef Agency provide to You.
In the preceding 12 months, Sushi Chef Agency has not sold any personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes Your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Sushi Chef Agency disclose certain information to You about our collection and use of Your personal information over the past 12 months. Once Sushi Chef Agency receives and confirms Your verifiable consumer request, Sushi Chef Agency will disclose to You:
- The categories of personal information Sushi Chef Agency collected about You.
- The categories of sources for the personal information Sushi Chef Agency collected about You.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom Sushi Chef Agency shares that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information Sushi Chef Agency collected about You (also called a data portability request).
- If Sushi Chef Agency sold or disclosed Your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Sushi Chef Agency delete any of Your personal information that Sushi Chef Agency collected from You and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once Sushi Chef Agency receives and confirms Your verifiable consumer request, Sushi Chef Agency will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) Your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Sushi Chef Agency may deny Your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for Sushi Chef Agency or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which Sushi Chef Agency collected the personal information, provide a good or service that You requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with You, or otherwise perform our contract with You.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise their free speech rights, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if You previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on Your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which You provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to Sushi Chef Agency by either:
- Calling Sushi Chef Agency at (310)782-8483.
- Visiting the website SushiChef.Agency
- Go the Chef/Restaurant Portal: You can see all of Your profile and applications You’ve made
- You can modify Your profile by going to the “Chef / Restaurant Profile” section
- You can delete your account by selecting “Delete Profile”
Please note that all your applications and submissions will be deleted as well. In some cases, the restaurants you have applied to may decide to keep Your application data in compliance with their own legal obligations. To find more about these obligations, Sushi Chef Agency encourage You to contact them directly. Contact information should be found in each company’s profiles and websites.
Only You or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that You authorize to act on Your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to Your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of Your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows Sushi Chef Agency to reasonably verify You are the person about whom Sushi Chef Agency collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe Your request with sufficient detail that allows Sushi Chef Agency to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Sushi Chef Agency cannot respond to Your request or provide You with personal information if Sushi Chef Agency cannot verify Your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to You. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require You to create an account with us. Sushi Chef Agency will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
Sushi Chef Agency endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If Sushi Chef Agency requires more time (up to 90 days), Sushi Chef Agency will inform You of the reason and extension period in writing. If You have an account with us, Sushi Chef Agency will deliver our written response to that account. If You do not have an account with us, Sushi Chef Agency will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at Your option. Any disclosures Sushi Chef Agency provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response Sushi Chef Agency provides will also explain the reasons Sushi Chef Agency cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, Sushi Chef Agency will select a format to provide Your personal information that is readily useable and should allow You to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
Sushi Chef Agency does not charge a fee to process or respond to Your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If Sushi Chef Agency determines that the request warrants a fee, Sushi Chef Agency will tell You why Sushi Chef Agency made that decision and provide You with a cost estimate before completing Your request.
To the extent we sell your personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties at any time. You may submit a request to opt-out by emailing us at https://sushichef.agency/contact/.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the unsubscribe or opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Service you have requested or received from us.
Sushi Chef Agency will not discriminate against You for exercising any of Your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, Sushi Chef Agency will not:
- Deny You goods or services.
- Charge You different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide You a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that You may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by us pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email at https://sushichef.agency/contact/ .
This notice is for people who are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Our processing of personal data of people who are in the EEA is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), which applies from May 25, 2018. The GDPR requires us to provide certain information to you about your personal data, which we refer to in this notice as your personal information.
We are the data controller for the Services. For our contact information, please see above.
Generally, we process personal information provided by visitors through our website on the basis of consent.
We may also process personal information on other bases permitted by the GDPR and applicable laws, such as when the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
We process the following information when provided voluntarily by our website visitors: name, email address (business e-mail address preferred), postal address and/or country, resume, telephone number (again, business number preferred).
We use various service providers to manage our website and provide services. Our service providers change from time to time. Note that our service providers have entered into contracts with us that restrict what they can do with your personal information. If you would like specific information about our service providers who have received your information, please contact us and we will provide that information to you.
Our main offices are based in the USA and that is where we process personal information collected through our website. When you provide personal information to us, we request your consent to transfer that personal information to the USA. The USA does not have an adequacy decision from the European Commission, which means that the Commission has not determined that the laws of the USA provide adequate protection for personal information. Although the laws of the USA do not provide legal protection that is equivalent to EU data protection laws, we safeguard your personal information by treating it in accordance with this GDPR Privacy Notice. We take appropriate steps to protect your privacy and implement reasonable security measures to protect your personal information in storage. We use secure transmission methods to collect personal data through our website. We also enter into contracts with our data processors that require them to treat personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Notice.
How long we retain personal information varies according to the type of information in question and the purpose for which it is used. We delete personal information within a reasonable period after we no longer need to use it for the purpose for which it was collected (or for any subsequent purpose that is compatible with the original purpose). This does not affect your right to request that we delete your personal data before the end of its retention period. We may archive personal data (which means storing it in inactive files) for a certain period prior to its final deletion, as part of our ordinary business continuity procedures.
You have the right to request access to your personal data, to have your personal data corrected, restricted or deleted, and to object to our processing of your personal data. You also have the right of data portability, which means that you can request that we provide you (or a third party you designate) with a transferable copy of personal information that you have provided to us. Your rights may be subject to various limitations under the GDPR. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any concerns about our processing of your personal data, please contact us.
You have the right to file a complaint concerning our processing of your personal data with your national (or in some countries, regional) data protection authority. The EU Commission has a list here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
Absence of statutory or contractual requirement or other obligation to provide any personal data
Users of our website are under no statutory or contractual requirement or other obligation to provide personal information to us via our website.